Northrand Animal Clinic has a full surgical suite with modern anaesthetic and advanced monitoring equipment. We have a padded induction and recovery room for the safe handling of our equine patients before and after anaesthesia. We have a full diagnostic suite with digital radiography, both CR and DR x-ray machines as well as ultrasound and a video endoscopy unit. We have access to scintigraphy and CT scanning. We also have a lameness locator.
- Ambulatory service covering the greater Johannesburg area, and the racing centre of Randjiesfontein, Turffontein and the Vaal.
- Orthopaedic surgery including arthroscopies.
- Soft tissue surgery including geldings, crypt orchid surgery and laryngeal surgery.
- Emergency surgery including colic surgery
- Digital radiography 3 mobile DR (direct radiology) units and an in-house CR unit.
- Video endoscopy
- Digital ultrasound, including tendons, pregnancy, thoracic and abdominal ultrasound.
- Onsight laboratory and access to specialised veterinary laboratory
- We offer specialised ophthalmology in conjunction with the Johannesburg Eye Hospital (a specialist ophthalmic facility)
- Routine and advanced dentistry.
- Podiatry-we offer a service in conjunction with various farriers for hoof-balancing.
- Equine performance – the examination and treatment of race horses and sport horses with performance problems.
- Internal medicine – the diagnosis and treatment of health problems such as infectious diseases and respiratory disease and dermatology.
- Breeding- we offer a limited service to breeders including pre-breeding examinations, ultrasound pregnancy diagnosis and A.I and the diagnosis and treatment of infertility.